Books, Photos, Movies, DVDs & Art Dave's Biggest Bream Spot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JC2
    Participant

After a recent trip to St.Georges Basin with Bfishin (Dave) I have started painting this watercolour on Arches paper of the place where Dave caught his biggest bream so far.

A series of progressive photos of the process may interest some….

Watercolour can be a fickle medium to use as those who paint with it can relate to . There is a bit of luck involved in every step of the way. Anyway, it is a way of thanking Dave for his hospitality and for taking me fishing in his boat. Still trying to catch that monster trophy flathead from the Basin.

Majestic Grey Gums.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  JC2.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  JC2.
    Attachments:

woody-wood
    Participant

Taking shape nicely JC.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

a flat-earther would declare that finished.

nice one,

shawn

JC2
    Participant

Have been working on the foreground rocks and some detail scrub trees. Plus a little on the Grey Gums.

The water will be the hardest part and I will leave that until last. Could very easily bugger it up….

Thanks for the encouragement and will continue on.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  JC2.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  JC2.
    Attachments:

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Your courage in choosing to work in that medium to start with is damned impressive JC. Your courage in giving us the privilege of watching you do such a piece of this standard is most certainly being appreciated by this household. You must have had an inspiring journey this season!  Keep at it Jeff for it is superb.

Cheers….Jimmy

JC2
    Participant

Thanks Jimmy.

Cold in Tasmania now?

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Just the usual storms and tempests. We have had some decent rain and the waters are all looking happy. All beanie’s and Tassie Tuxedo’s around here though. I got caught on a roof by a fast snow squall last weekend, which was an interesting situation…

Take care and jolly good luck with the next phase of the painting.  Cheers…Jimmy

JC2
    Participant

Wetted up the bottom of the foreground and ran some indigo blue as a base for the reflected shadow of the bank . Just one quick motion with large brush and paint,  always a hope it works moment.

Secret is not to play with it…. make the mark and be happy with that. Turned out .

JC2
    Participant

Back from the framers … double Matt , named, signed and artist mark in the corner. Off to Basin View after Easter.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

That framed up beautifully Jeff. Dave can always give me a call if he cant find anywhere suitable to hang it. We have just the spot.

Seriously though Jeff… that is  bloody good. It was good of you to share the process with us.

Cheers mate…. J

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.