Classifieds Dancraft FT902-4 & Abel Reel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Magic
    Participant

For sale

Dancraft FT 2wt rod with an Abel Big Game .5 reel.

Rod fitted with full wells grip and Rec Components guides.  Does not include sock or tube.

Reel currently set up for RHW and supplied with original box & pouch and a 3wt Rio Aqualux full intermediate line.

$650 posted.

[email protected]

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Hmmm… a fighting butt on a 2 weight seems a bit counter intuitive somehow. What is the action like on this Dancraft in your opinion? Just asking out of pure curiosity. No More Rods for this lad… alas.

Cheers…Jimmy

Fishandme
    Participant

Hmmm… a fighting butt on a 2 weight seems a bit counter intuitive somehow. What is the action like on this Dancraft in your opinion? Just asking out of pure curiosity. No More Rods for this lad… alas.

Cheers…Jimmy

Don’t think of it as a fighting butt, it’s more to rest against your arm I suggest. I have them on all custom rods, gives that ‘locked in ‘ feel and rod extension of your arm 👍

I’m a fan

freestone
    Participant

These rods were a bit of a hit with micro salt fly fishers a few years back.  There are lots of posts on these rods on the other forum. Legendary stuff in fact. Don’t think of them as a trouty 2 weight, but more of a rod for fly fishing the light frontiers in the salt.

Nog
    Participant

Jimmy, I’ll bring mine to Tassy for you to try 🙂

Not so much a 2wt, more like a 2/7wt…..

Magic
    Participant

Jimmy, to be honest I cant remember what the action of this rod is like because it hasn’t been out of the house in probably two years.  I keep reaching for the 3wt MHX instead.  As for the fighting butt, while it doesn’t serve the same purpose as on higher line rated rods, I have a personal preference for them so get them fitted to all custom built rods.

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

Well there ya go then… One can learn something every day.  Thanks for the insight. It all makes better sense to me now. Obviously I dont have any rods with such a “leverage butt”. Intertesting…

Cheers… Jimmy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.