FlyLife Forum Help & Digital Congratulations Moderator 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

woody-wood
    Participant

Moderator 3 has just clicked over 1,000 posts trying to explain the ludicrous PM situation on the new version of the Forum.

As a way of maintaining privacy, all PM’s have been made redundant, thus making Forum members post their private phone numbers and email addresses so that the whole world can view them. Privacy has never been more private 😂

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

😂🙄

Edit: BTW, mods only “work” here. We have no input into forum setup.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

I don’t get it… why can we not have these again?

foxtrot (right) oscar,

shawn

Moderator 1
    Keymaster

Yes well done Mod 3 for persevering for so long

I don’t get it… why can we not have these again?

Basically because some don’t play nice.

As the forum is provided by Flylife,  all activity on the forum is the legal responsibility of Flylife. As PM’s were part of the forum, all comments made in PM’s were the legal responsibility of Flylife. If some one has abuse hurled at them in a PM, legally that’s Flylife’s issue.

In short the legal ramifications nowadays are not worth it and PM’s had to go unfortunately

jimmyellenberger
    Participant

One does have to acknowledge the perseverance of Mr. Mod… it would indeed be most frustrating. Rather like the frustration on the other side of these keyboards.

Personally I have had no huge issue in dealing with the change. Admittedly it does take a bit of imagination at times to figure out the right pathway to an individual but its not really all that hard. It’s not as simple as before, but still achievable none the less.

I did make the slightly tongue in cheek suggestion very early on in the change, that folks might find it useful to put up a post saying ” Hi… now you can send me a PM whenever you like.” as then any PM type messages would easily find their target…..

And there is the rub, because forcing this convoluted method of communication on the users does nothing to prevent poor behaviour from those that don’t “play nice” nor does it address their ability to use the Forum to do so. If Flylife is still liable for that sort of behaviour then I think there is a serious problem indeed for Flylife and our beloved Forum. We seem to be travelling in a large circle and are in danger of disappearing into somewhere unpleasant to consider.

I suspect thicker skins on some users might be in order. Personally I just love it when 2fish decides to have a crack… it brings back such fond memories of clever literary slice and dice. I do understand though that not everyone is quite as polished in their delivery.

Press on then Mr. Mod…. it cant go on forever.

Cheers… Jimmy

Moderator 3
    Keymaster

…………………………………….

Press on then Mr. Mod…. it cant go on forever.

Cheers… Jimmy

You are more confident than I am, Jimmy!

flylife

Not easy to operate a keyboard with both hands tied behind your back. 😬

Remember Ian, aka David Eischer, our founding father? He closed the door and never looked back… now devoted to grandkids and a veggie patch. There is life after the forum… and content beyond the classifieds.

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

at this stage in life I’d rather have private messages over grandkids.

oh, and she’s only 14yrs. we’re not from rockingham.

cheers,

shawn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.