Travel Talk Chrome Heaven Jurassic Lake

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Tocs
    Participant

Cheers Chris.

Some descent lakes nearby Jurrasic (Strobel) Lake as well…

chrisdawson09
    Participant
    quote Tocs:

Cheers Chris.

Some descent lakes nearby Jurrasic (Strobel) Lake as well…

Yep. Was told many of these lakes held fish too, including both rainbows and browns. Mostly much smaller fish than those in Jurassic. Not sure about accessibility or ownership of those other lakes. I understand Laguna Verdi owns the rights to fish some of them. The Jurassic Lake Lodge does not have access to those other lakes.
    Decisions, decisions…I chose Jurassic Lake Lodge because it has sole access to the lower section of the Barancosa River, the river mouth and a significant amount of highly productive shoreline. I have no regrets.
    Cheers Tocs,
    Chris

chrisdawson09
    Participant

To Michael Andrews…
    Tried to respond to your email again and it was bounced back to me.
    Happy to help but cannot if I’m unable to make contact.
    Pm another means of contact.
    Chris

Anonymous

Was just chatting to a mate who is interested in a trip to Jurassic Lake Lodge this year. On reading the article I’d written, he mentioned the photo’s that were accompanying the article have now disappeared and it appears they have.
    Can anyone shed any light on this? I didn’t remove them…
    Chris

Anonymous

Unfortunately it is to do with the forum issues we are experiencing at the moment. Work is proceeding but was delayed by the magazine deadline.

Anonymous
    quote Moderator 3:

Unfortunately it is to do with the forum issues we are experiencing at the moment. Work is proceeding but was delayed by the magazine deadline.

Thanks Mod. And they’re back!

Anonymous

I really want to see someone catching and landing 25 pound plus Trout with a five weight rod :o 😉
    Cheers

Anonymous
    quote dynaflow:

I really want to see someone catching and landing 25 pound plus Trout with a five weight rod :o 😉
    Cheers

A mate went in March last year and fished the 5wt all week. His largest was 25lb! It came from the lake, not the river.

chrisdawson09
    Participant

Got an email from one of the blokes we fished with last year. He’s back there for another trip, also at Jurassic Lake Lodge. Reckons the fish are as big, or bigger and in just as good condition as they were last year.
    I just had to do it last year. My fear was that it would be another ‘boom/bust’ fishery and I’d regret having never been there in its prime (e.g. Lake Pedder, Tasmania).
    Glad to hear it’s still going well – for now.

chrisdawson09
    Participant

Hello Folks.

Wow! More than 5 years on since this remarkable trip. The video of the trip (shown at the end of the original trip report), put together by one of the staff at Jurassic Lake Lodge, Hermann, comes up in my FaceBook newsfeed every year. I still get a kick out of it.

Hoping the article I penned encouraged others to do the same trip – it really was incredible.

Cheers,

Chris

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.