Books, Photos, Movies, DVDs & Art Casting at Shadows DVD – Christmas Island

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wespang
    Participant

Trailer

[url:o334ckf1]http://vimeo.com/26386272[/url:o334ckf1]

I’ll wait for the Bluray.

Been over 10 years since I was there. So many places to fish, so little money. :cry: :cry:

Anyway, Bonefish are for anglers who can’t catch Tarpon. 😛 😛

Wes

wespang
    Participant

Got the Bluray in the post today.

Christmas Island looks great in 1080. The colour are so vibrant, and the bonefish look like bars of silver.

I hope more blurays of flyfishing are in the pipeline, I think there’s only 2 high def flyfishing blurays, and they are both saltwater.

Some massive fish, huge Giant Trevally aka GT, and the world record Yellowfin Tuna is a horse.

Interesting extra about the atomic testing.

Wes

Jeroen
    Participant

Wes, do you have the Tapam bluray?

wespang
    Participant
    quote Jeroen:

Wes, do you have the Tapam bluray?

Jeroen

Yup,

That’s the other Bluray (BD).

I tried nagging Nick Reygaert of “Source – New Zealand” to release a BD version. He film it in 4K, so it could be converted to 1080p. Troutie stuff would look great in High def, so much more detail, better colours. Just not the market and the licence fee are high.

I would love to see the “Chasing Silver” trilogy in High Def. I wonder if it was filmed High Def?

Do you know of any other flyfishing BD?

Wes

Jeroen
    Participant

Jan Kristensen explained to me that the whole legal aspect of copying your film on BD is incredibly complicated with buying off copyrights from the Bluray brand and lots of other red tape stuff. But now they crossed that bridge, I am pretty sure that their next films will be on BD as well. Jan told me that his was either the first or second fishing film on DB, so I think that you own the entire collection. At the moment Daniel Göz, Jan’s partner on the Tapam porject, is finishing a film on the Gaula river in Norway, fishing for Atlantic salmon. I am pretty sure that it will be released on BD as well.

Cheers,
    Jeroen

Casting At Shadows
    Participant

Blu Ray discs are horribly expensive compared to standard DVD. We paid 4 times as much for Blu Rays as for the DVDs. The quality of Blu Ray really is excellent though and is worth the extra if you have a good home setup to view it on.

I hope other film makers will follow and release their films on Blu Ray too

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.