Books, Photos, Movies, DVDs & Art Brothers In Fly – New England Trout FIshing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

benhohnke
    Participant

Hi FlyLife,

I know I haven’t been active here for quite some time, getting married, having a son and twin girls whilst simultaneously starting a university degree will dry up anything called free time. But some members may remember I was working on a fly fishing film project in the New England region of New South Wales.

I essentially threw myself in the deep end with this, having never filmed or edited anything. I started, deleted, and restarted this project probably a half dozen times. All while still fairly green to the whole flyfishing thing anyway.

But after having this trimester off university I am super pleased to announce that rather than buy this on DVD I have put it up for free on YouTube.

I’d love if you could let me know what you think! Thank you and looking forward to getting back into this forum life.

flylife

Thanks for sharing Ben. Great to see young people having fun with fly in tight creeks. 👍

Rabbit
    Participant

Nice videos Ben thanks.

Good to see a few mates out there doing it and having fun. Interesting  seeing the brook trout!

Cheers and looking forward to maybe a few more videos in the near future??

benhohnke
    Participant

Nice videos Ben thanks.

Good to see a few mates out there doing it and having fun. Interesting seeing the brook trout!

They were definitely a special surprise. I actually haven’t been to check if they survived the fires and the drought, so might make a trip up soon.

More videos coming! I just bought some new video editing software yesterday, as the one I bought when I first started this project in 2011 isn’t compatible with windows ten haha.

In no particular order the videos/ episodes to follow will be: Carp, Bass, Cod/Golden perch, Aussie Salmon, Tasmania – Western Lakes and creeks. Can’t decide which one to start next so suggestions are welcome

thommo227
    Participant

Nice videos Ben thanks.

Good to see a few mates out there doing it and having fun. Interesting seeing the brook trout!

They were definitely a special surprise. I actually haven’t been to check if they survived the fires and the drought, so might make a trip up soon.

More videos coming! I just bought some new video editing software yesterday, as the one I bought when I first started this project in 2011 isn’t compatible with windows ten haha.

In no particular order the videos/ episodes to follow will be: Carp, Bass, Cod/Golden perch, Aussie Salmon, Tasmania – Western Lakes and creeks. Can’t decide which one to start next so suggestions are welcome

Sad to report the bushfires & drought did a lot of damage to the fish up here. Trout in particular, but also the cod & bass.  As you would expect, the carp are still going strong though.

Some videos that might interest you on our FB page here – https://www.facebook.com/FlyFishArmidale/?view_public_for=111749170458621

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.