Tackle Talk Big praise for hurleys fly fishing store VIC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

flyflickn
    Participant

I cannot recommend these guys enough. First time buyer from them and through no fault of them an item didnt work well. so on the phone and email pics of problem, the apology from them was straight up with send it back we will fix or replace , oh and we will send something back with it to cover your postage cost. I was gob smacked with the politeness of (I think Stuart)  the salesman.I posted it Monday from NSW, today Wednesday I get a message that my item is fixed and replaced with new items that could not be fixed and the tippet material is in with package at no charge sent today. WOW THIS IS HOW YOU WIN PEOPLE OVER .I would not hesitate to puchase from these guys again. I wrote this as mostly you only hear of poor service and its nice to have someone step up and say nice things and have a proud moment knowing your store is doing ok in these tough times

micmac3701
    Participant

Similar experience with them flawless customer service.

woody-wood
    Participant

Always good to hear that local fly shops back the products they sell, back the service they provide, and look after their customers.

In the times we now are in, with everything online, it is important to back the local shops if we want them to survive. Local just doesn’t just mean around the corner, but within The country. Whenever I travel to fly fish, I always drop into the local tackle store to buy some tippet, flies etc. If I want them to be there in case I need them on a trip due to a disaster, then I feel I need to support them when I can.

Kudos to Hurley’s and all the other local shops that look after us.

flyflickn
    Participant

And here is my new chest pack combo. Not only did they put in tippet spool they also sent 2×2 packs of leader and a Hurleys T-shirt. Top blokes in these hard times

pete miller
    Participant

I totally  agree with you that Gavin  Hurley  and  his  staff  definitely  look  after you.  Sound advice  and  great  service.  I have  been  buying all  my  fly  fishing  gear  for  over  15 years from them .  The  back up  service  can’t  be faulted.  A lot of  businesses  could  learn  from  them. Cheers.

muzzz
    Participant

I can only agree with all the comments, excellent service from Gavin and Trevor ( ? )

from the store in Lumsden NZ. Always buy something when visiting, a jacket last time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.