Events Bamboo Rod Makers Day – 13 Jun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

sleepy
    Participant

The annual Bamboo Rod Makers Day is a day for current and budding rod makers to get together to discuss the how’s and wherefor’s of the art of bamboo rod making. The day is held at the Northern Suburbs Fly Fishing Club (check the website for location) and runs from 10 till a little after Wet brings out the whiskey. A BBQ lunch is provided.

An agenda will be sorted shortly (read as soon as Wet stops cavorting around Victoria) and will be posted on the NSFFC website and here. It is a great day to enjoy talking bamboo rods with makers of great bamboo rods.

Wet
    Participant

Hey, I’m working… (and checking out regional fishing locations)

Warnambool next week s:up

oldpiscator
    Participant

Haven’t seen anything about the Sunday cane rod casting day which usually follows the makers day. Can someone confirm if it is on and give some details please.

Wet
    Participant

I’m not sure if the cane day is on or not, Bernard Holbury isn’t running it… Waiting to hear from Choco

Might be best to visit Northern on the Saturday 😀

sleepy
    Participant

Just confirmed that the VFFA Bamboo Rod casting day is not being held this year. So what we’ll do is schedule bamboo rod casting for the afternoon of the Rod Maker Day at the NSFFC Casting pool. If you turn up around lunch time you might even be able to pick up one of Melbourne’s finest snag in bread. 😉

oldpiscator
    Participant
    quote sleepy:

Just confirmed that the VFFA Bamboo Rod casting day is not being held this year. So what we’ll do is schedule bamboo rod casting for the afternoon of the Rod Maker Day at the NSFFC Casting pool. If you turn up around lunch time you might even be able to pick up one of Melbourne’s finest snag in bread. 😉

Thanks for chasing this up.Unfortunately the Saturday clashes with a prior commitment with the Joseland Society so don’t think we will be able to make it this year.

Keegs
    Participant

Do you need to know numbers for the day or is it just a roll up to event?
    Keegs

sleepy
    Participant

Roll up, mate. Let us know if you want to talk about anything in particular so we can prepare for it.

Keegs
    Participant

Will do. As per other post anyone have a plane looking at upgrading bring along. Also I’ve read that much on zeroing depth gauge im confused. I will bring mine along for advice and guidance.
    Keegs

jazzatomo
    Participant

I havent started making bamboo rods yet, but its definetly going to happen in the next 12 months.

If i can get the time off I may roll up and have a look at some of these magic wands you guys are building s:up

sleepy
    Participant

If you can’t get time off, Jake, give me a yell some time and we’ll see what we can arrange.

spike76
    Participant

Can anyone attend or do you have to be a club member? I’m interested in have a go at this.

sleepy
    Participant

Anyone can attend, Ashley. This is just hosted by NSFFC and run by a few makers of various experience.

velopex
    Participant

What time does the day start ?

sleepy
    Participant

We’ll start the day at 9 am. We’ll run through a bit of a beginners session probably up in the shed (so bring a jacket) and then move to the warmth of the clubrooms for a session on taper modification. Lunch will be server around 1230ish and then we’ll hit the casting pool so you can try out all the great rods on hand.

Could everyone please note that the usual VFFA sponsored casting day on Sunday is not being run.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.