Casting & Competition Australian Open Fly Casting Championships 2019

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

56chev
    Participant

First a big thank you to Andrew Fuller of the Complete Fly Fisher and to Gavin Hurley of Hurley’s Fly Fishing for their generous support of this year’s event.
    I know many people these days shop online for their gear but supporting our local shops is still the best way of ensuring that our sport will thrive. These people are true enthusiasts as well as providing an essential service to the fly fishing community. Please drop by their shops the next time you need something and share a cup of tea and some fishing stories too.
    You won’t be sorry.

Bruce

Castingsport
    Participant

Thanks Bruce, it was a great tournament, made better by the support of  Andrew and Gavin. Great to see the smile on the faces of those people who took home a sponsored gift. The biggest smile I saw was from a young lad who did not compete this year but came down to assist with judging and scoring of the fly distance events.  He will put his new 5 weight flyline to good use and I look forward to him casting in 2020.

Thanks also to your good self, Bruce, for administering the event, the Australian Casting Federation for conducting the event, Southern Fly Fishers for hosting the event and all who competed and assisted.

I fully endorse Bruce’s comments.

John

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.