#100 Spring 2020 Are we there yet?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Peter Watson
    Participant

Has arrived in Essendon! Woohoo😃

Looks like a cracker edition! Lots of excellent content to work through. Thomas Clancy’s Cod and Comfort has caught my eye, got a bit of an itch to get another cod. But being a complete bug nerd DA’s Citizen Science wins the ‘first to be read’ prize🤓<mark></mark>

Congrats to Rob and the Flylife crew, #100 is an amazing achievement

flylife

That really has been a slow delivery… If you’ve got to the letters page Pete, I guess you’ll be setting bird traps in the garden for those Wikhams wings.🤣

flylife

Re the cod and water bugs. That combination of accommodation, national park and cod really did catch my eye; and my son Tom does a fair bit of waterbug sorting and ID for John G. Really loved that DA pic of the nymph and imitation fly.👍

Boris
    Participant

Yeah, well done.

Peter Watson
    Participant

That really has been a slow delivery… If you’ve got to the letters page Pete, I guess you’ll be setting bird traps in the garden for those Wikhams wings.🤣

Ha! yes suitably chastised I’ll get back in my box 🙂  The letters in general we’re a bit of an emotional roller coaster … From getting fired up about the wind turbine, column feedback and cool nerdy catch numbers from the world champs, then Randy Knispel’s account of losing everything in the fires 🙁

DA’s article and the picture of white sorting trays bought back memories of my teenage years haunting the Zoology dept. at Melbourne Uni, and helping Dad with sorting seagrass bed samples from Port Philip Bay

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.