#100 Spring 2020 Are we there yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

flylife

BarryJ
    Participant

Congratulations! 🎉🥂🍺🍷🥳

However, I will only believe it for certain when it hits my mail box!🙄😱😂

flylife

Don’t get too carried away, Lib’s father turned 100 the other day and the balloons seemed to be a good omen.😁

And yes, I have now had a printed copy of FlyLife#100 in my hands, so it should be in the mail system next week if Leighton can steer it through our Melbourne distribution centre etc etc. Mail out of Victoria has been slow in recent weeks so it might take a bit longer than usual, but fingers crossed…🤞

Chris Beech
    Participant

I was going to say Rob, you don’t look a day over 70!

flylife

You’ve been in every issue Chris (much appreciated), so I guess you’re not far off 100.😆

At least you don’t have to tell me to photograph Clousers upside down these days.🤪

Mark Cloutier
    Participant

Great achievement. Still the best fly-fishing mag out there.

dynaflow
    Participant

Congratulations on an incredible achievement Rob…..Flylife is a class act.

Long may you run.

Chris Beech
    Participant

Just need forum software to work then the next step is world domination

mitch aka 2 fish
    Participant

that’s what the 100 is for. 100% yeah nah, we’re not doing that.

I’ll be 100 by the time we let things back into w.a.

cheers and well done,

shawn

Rabbit
    Participant

Well done and congatulations!

I have been with you the whole time,maybe not as a subscriber for various reasons but I’ve hit the newsagents religously every quarter. I still go back over previous issues some information in this game just dosn’t get old.

Keep it coming!

micmac3701
    Participant

It’s a truly impressive achievement, maintaining the highest production and content standards over so many issues.

Congrats, and keep them coming.

flylife

Thanks fellas, I will relax when it is out there in the hands of readers. Greg French couldn’t wait. Turned up with a bottle of sparkling and  pinched one of my copies when he left.🤫

DrGraham
    Participant

Rob, Libby, Leighton, and the whole FlyLife team, congratulations on your monumental 100th issue – what an achievement.  My electronic copy arrived after midnight and I had to read it.  I look forward to the hard copy arriving soon and hope the postie doesn’t bend it this time.  I have vague memories of a happy Rob Sloane walking the corridors of Zoology with a smile on dial, having completed his PhD.  Not long after that Rob repeated the same happy smiling walk after publishing The Truth about Trout.  I still have my signed copy.  That book was a portent of things to come with FlyLife.  Producing 100 issues is significant legacy.  I hope to see the next 100.  Finally, as a former Principal Research Scientist who has spent so much of my life studying the impacts of climate change on marine ecosystems, I applaud your decision to put David Freudenberger’s article right up front.  COVID-19 might be the human race’s biggest challenge at present, but climate change is still the biggest planetary issue and hasn’t gone away.  Randy Knispel’s letter on p53 is another must read.

flylife

Thanks Dr G. I’m up the East Coast (Tas of course) spreading some tourism dollars. Still very quiet up here mid-week, though we did have fun in Coles Bay last night at a Dark No More gathering with live music.
    As you mention, David Freudenberger did come to my rescue re the environmental challenges we face, and he is well qualified to comment.
    I just hope the print mag gets out to subscribers very  soon…

Rabbit
    Participant

In the local news agents since last Thursday. No sign of it in the mailbox yet though.😥😥😥😥

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.