Back Issue Discussions #99 Autumn 2020 – hitting letter boxes this week

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Leighton Adem
    Keymaster

Issue 99 should start arriving in letterboxes this week for subscribers.

Lots of interesting articles. We hope you enjoy this issue.

FL99coverDS600h

Chris Beech
    Participant

Great cover!

Wet
    Participant

Yep great cover and a quick flick looks like some great reading ahead!

dynaflow
    Participant

Nice issue….thanks!

Mark Cloutier
    Participant

LAKE OTAMANGAKAU

I really enjoyed the Big O story (until I read the quicksand bit) – but that won’t deter me, I am as keen as ever to try the North Island (I have never fished it). So thank you Andrew – it was a really nice piece.

flylife

I’ve been stuck in that mud at the O; and saved the life (my story) of an English guy who was stuck fast, waist deep and still sinking, at Aniwhenua. So when they say it can be a bit dodgy wading near inflows you had better believe it.

Andrew Harding
    Participant

LAKE OTAMANGAKAU

I really enjoyed the Big O story (until I read the quicksand bit) – but that won’t deter me, I am as keen as ever to try the North Island (I have never fished it). So thank you Andrew – it was a really nice piece.

Thanks Mark, glad you enjoyed it. It can be quite dodgy, and the wading not to be taken lightly, but in general, once you step in a hole, you can back track easily. The real problem is when a fish is tailing… you have to reach it at all costs… this is when it gets tricky! But if you keep moving your position slightly in the general vicinity of where you’re standing it does help a bit. Of course a boat is easier, but then again you cannot get anywhere as close as you can wading!

It’s a sensational piece of water and well worth a visit, a great alternative to the South Island crowds, and as a side… some amazing river fishing in the vicinity. Andrew

Andrew Harding
    Participant

I’ve been stuck in that mud at the O; and saved the life (my story) of an English guy who was stuck fast, waist deep and still sinking, at Aniwhenua. So when they say it can be a bit dodgy wading near inflows you had better believe it.

Yep, Aniwheneua is another sinky bugger as well! I generally tend to wear an inflatable life jacket wading the quick-sand these days!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.